Individual Funding Requests (previously called INNF requests)
Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group clinical polices take account of national guidance and evidence-based best practice.
Treatments which are identified on the Effective Clinical Commissioning Policies List as being of Low Priority (INNF) will not normally be funded by the CCG unless exceptionality has been established and agreed via the CCG Individual Funding Request (IFR) route – please submit a completed IFR application form to email@example.com.
In instances where Gloucestershire CCG has set clinical thresholds for treatment (CBA), these must be met in full in order for treatment to be funded by the Commissioners (but prior approval is not required). Where prior approval (PA) is indicated, prior approval must be obtained from the CCG.
Other Useful forms and guides
Frequently Asked Questions – Effective Clinical Commissioning Policies List – February 2015
Prior Approval Standard Operating Procedure March 2016
Criteria Based Assessment procedure March 2016
Prior Approval process – GP guidance notes – Sept 2014
Gloucestershire Cataract Assessment Questionnaire – October 2014
Policy and appendicies
Please note that the Gloucestershire Effective Clinical Commissioning Policies only apply to providers that Gloucestershire CCG has a direct contract with. Generally, this is just providers based within Gloucestershire, but also including Care UK. Other out of county providers are bound by the policies of their lead commissioner, not the polices of Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (for example North Bristol NHS Trust have to apply Bristol CCG’s policies). Therefore, if you are referring out of county please refer to the policies of the appropriate CCG. Links to the main relevant polices are included below for ease of reference:
- Bristol CCG policies (apply to North Bristol NHS Trust and University Bristol NHS Trust) https://www.bristolccg.nhs.uk/innf/
- Swindon CCG policies (apply to Great Western Hospitals NHS Trust)- http://www.swindonccg.nhs.uk/index.php/your-health/what-we-do-and-don-t-fund
- Oxford CCG policies (apply to Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust) http://www.oxfordshireccg.nhs.uk/professional-resources/priority-setting/lavender-statements/
- Redditch and Bromsgrove CCG polices (apply to Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust) http://www.redditchandbromsgroveccg.nhs.uk/strategies-policies-and-procedures/commissioning-ifr-policies-a-z/
- Herefordshire CCG policies (apply to Wye Valley NHS Trust) http://www.herefordshireccg.nhs.uk/policies
- South Warwickshire CCG policies (apply to South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust) http://www.southwarwickshireccg.nhs.uk/About-Us/Publications-and-Policies/Commissioning-Policies
For Care UK please follow Gloucestershire CCG policies (apply to Gloucestershire CCG) http://www.gloucestershireccg.nhs.uk/about-us/funding-treatment/interventions-not-normally-funded/