Forest of Dean
Clinical Commissioning Lead (Forest of Dean)
GP at Severnbank Surgery, Lydney.
Forest of Dean Executive Committee Chair
GP at Mitcheldean Surgery.
Forest of Dean GP Practices
Contact Details (Main Surgery Only)
|Blakeney Surgery||Millend, Blakeney, GL15 4ED
Tel: 01594 510225
|Brunston Practice||Cinderhill, Coleford, GL16 8HJ
Tel: 01594 833255
|Coleford Health Centre||Railway Drive, Coleford, GL16 8RH
Tel: 01594 838108
|Dockham Road Surgery||Dockham Road Surgery, Cinderford, GL14 2AN
Tel: 0844 815 1058
|Drs Andrew, Edwards, Hayes & Cleary||Yorkley Health Centre, Bailey Hill, Yorkley, GL15 4RS
Tel: 01594 562437
|Drybrook Surgery||Drybrook, GL17 9JE
Tel: 01594 542239
|Forest Health Care||The Health Centre, Dockham Road, Cinderford, GL14 2AN
Tel: 0844 477 3681
|Lydney Practice||The Health Centre, Albert Street, Lydney, GL15 5NQ
Tel: 01594 842167
|Mitcheldean Surgery||Brook Street, Mitcheldean, GL17 0AU
Tel: 01594 542270
|Newnham Surgery||High Street, Newnham on Severn, GL14 1BE
Tel: 01594 516241
|Severnbank Surgery||Tutnalls Street, Lydney, GL15 5PQ
Tel: 01594 84571
Facts and Figures
- Population of approximately 62, 483 people
- 11 practices
- 58 GPs
- Covering Blakeney, Coleford, Cinderford, Drybrook, Lydney, Mitcheldean, Newnham-on-Severn, Westbury-on-Severn, Yorkley, Bream, Ruardean, Lydbrook
Some of our Priorities
- Healthy Lifestyles – weight management/diabetes/promote healthy eating/motivational interviewing/working in partnership
- Social prescribing – Implement in practice model
- COPD Pilot – Prepare Programme
- Planned Care – Practice variation/share learning across practices
- Urgent Care – Promote use of Single point of Clinical access/increase awareness of community alternatives to admissions/Increase patient knowledge of how and where to access urgent care/Proactive review of frequent A&E attenders
More information can be found in Forest of Dean’s Locality Development Plan, here.
Forest of Dean Health and Care Services Review
We are reviewing community health and care services in the Forest of Dean and want to hear your views. Find out more information on the Forest of Dean Health and Care Services Review page.
Dr Paul Weiss
Paul Weiss is a full time GP at Mitcheldean Surgery on the edge of the Forest of Dean.
He has been a partner for 14 years and will become senior partner in April 2013. Paul is passionate about General Practice. He is a GP trainer.
Paul is particularly interested in improving the clinical pathway patients go through (patients’ journey through care). He is enthusiastic about services which bridge primary and secondary care such as the community heart failure services and musculoskeletal services.
He has been a campaigner to maintain and improve local services within the Forest area.