Clinical Commissioning Lead (South Cotswolds)
GP at Romney House Surgery
South Cotswolds Executive Committee Chair
GP at The Avenue Surgery, Cirencester
South Cotswolds GP Practices
Contact Details (Main Surgery Only)
|The Avenue Surgery||1 The Avenue, Cirencester, GL7 1EH
Tel: 01285 653122
|Hilary Cottage Surgery||Keble Lawns, Fairford, GL7 4BQ
Tel: 01285 712377
|Lechlade Medical Centre||Oak Street, Lechlade, GL7 3RY
Tel: 01367 252264
|The Park Surgery||Old Tetbury Road, Cirencester, GL7 1US
Tel: 01285 654733
|Phoenix Surgery||9 Chesterton Lane, Cirencester, GL7 1XG
Tel: 01285 652056
|Rendcomb Surgery||Rendcomb, Cirencester, GL7 7EY
Tel: 01285 831257
|Romney House||41-43 Long Street, Tetbury, GL8 8AA
Tel: 01666 502303
|St Peter’s Road Surgery||1 St Peter’s Road, Cirencester, GL7 1RF
Tel: 01285 653184
Facts and Figures
- Population of approximately 57, 233 people
- 8 practices
- 49 GPs
- Covering Fairford, Lechlade, Rendcomb, Tetbury, South Cerney, Kemble
Some of our Priorities
- Developing community services through Integrated Community Teams (joined up health and social care teams)
- Improving early diagnosis and recording of patients with dementia and looking at how people can be better supported in the community by working with health and social care partners
- Supporting extended diabetic services by ensuring that a GP and nurse from each practice has dedicated training.
More information can be found in South Cotswold’s Locality Development Plan, here.
Dr Alan Gwynn
Dr Gwynn is the senior partner of a practice in Cirencester. Prior to becoming a GP he trained in Public Health Medicine.
His aims for the locality are to forge closer links between the eight local practices to improve future commissioning and service provision, to support Cirencester Hospital so that it remains an important local resource and lastly to ensure there is equality of access to services and recognition of local deprivation and need within the rural South Cotswolds.
To achieve the above the locality and it’s practices will have to consider new and novel ways of commissioning and delivering services to satisfy the demands of a rapidly increasing elderly population.